Everyone has a responsibility to keep children and young people safe
At North Wingfield Safeguarding is a key priority for children, staff and visitors.
What is safeguarding?
Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes
Child protection is part of the safeguarding process. It focuses on protecting individual children identified as suffering or likely to suffer significant harm. This includes child protection procedures which detail how to respond to concerns about a child.
In our Safeguarding tab you can find information about:
- Keeping Children Safe – NSPCC Share Aware Campaign
- Digital Safety
- The Prevent Strategy
- Education and the Future
- Health and Well-being
- Talking to Children about Acts of Terrorism
In order to safeguard our children, our school gates are locked between 3:10pm and 3:40pm. Only authorised visitors can use the car park. Thank you for your support and understanding.